We are not a service provider, nor can we provide direct referrals to particular organisations. For more information on other organisations that can help you, visit this page:
What we do
Improving mental health for all Tasmanians.
All Tasmanians have awareness of and value their mental health and wellbeing.
- Provide leadership by advocating for continuous improvement across all facets of mental health and suicide prevention.
- Provide trusted advice to our members and decision makers to enable a robust and contemporary mental health system.
- Be a collective, representative voice to ensure future sustainability of the sector, the community and the MHCT.
- Form and support strong networks and collaboration to support sector development and capacity building.
- Promote the reduction of stigma and champion mental health awareness and the value of good mental health.
- Influence policy development and implementation in the interests of our members and the needs of the broader population.
Compassionate and respectfulShow "Compassionate and respectful"
We actively listen, seek understanding without passing judgement and value the diversity, knowledge and experience we provide offer through our interactions with others.
Collaborative and supportiveShow "Collaborative and supportive "
We respect our role in the collective effort, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with others and acknowledge the importance of supporting each other in our aim to promote better mental health outcomes for all Tasmanians.
Responsive and adaptiveShow "Responsive and adaptive"
We analyse and respond to our constantly changing environment and we encourage work practice that promotes agility, versatility and proactivity.
Leading and engagingShow "Leading and engaging "
We lead with integrity to authentically engage and represent our colleagues, stakeholders and the broader community.