We are not a service provider, nor can we provide direct referrals to particular organisations. For more information on other organisations that can help you, visit this page:
COVID-19 Technology Fund
The Community Managed Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Sector COVID-19 Technology Fund
**Please note: Applications closed 9:00am, 22 April 2020. If you have any questions regarding the Grant program or application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Ezra Thomas at MHCT on 0499 302 111.**
The Tasmanian Government (Mental Health Alcohol and other Drug Directorate within the Department of Health) have provided $450,000 to support the Community Managed Mental Health (CMMH) and Alcohol and Other Drug (AoD) sectors during the COVID-19 impact period in 2020.
The Community Managed Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drug Sector COVID-19 Technology Fund will support organisations within these sectors to purchase technology required to adapt to new delivery methods to ensure service continuity. The Fund will ensure continuing access to mental health and alcohol and other drug supports and services and continuing service delivery during the COVID-19 impact period for Tasmanians.
Funding for organisations will be allocated through a Grant program coordinated by the Mental Health Council of Tasmania.
Organisations can apply for a maximum of $20,000, and organisations who have already purchased technology after 10 March 2020 in response to COVID-19 will be eligible to apply for Grant funds retrospectively and provide proof of purchase.
Full details, including Terms and Conditions, eligibility and selection criteria are available below.
Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility CriteriaShow "Eligibility Criteria "
- Organisations must be a registered community managed organisation with an ABN that provides either an existing Mental Health and/or Alcohol and Other Drug program or service to the Tasmanian community.
- The Grant funds must be spent on technology needs specifically.
- The applicant must demonstrate that the technology requested is required to ensure the ongoing delivery of mental health and/or alcohol and other drug counselling and support services to existing and new clients during the COVID 19 period (from 10 March 2020)
Selection CriteriaShow "Selection Criteria"
Grant applications will be reviewed and assessed by an Assessment Panel. Your application will be rated against the following selection criteria. The selection criteria are as follows:
|Organisation and Service Type
|Price & Value for Money
Terms and ConditionsShow "Terms and Conditions "
- This Grant funding is a one-off opportunity provided to the mental health and alcohol and other drug sectors in Tasmania to be utilised for the purposes of continuity of service under the changed circumstances due to the impacts of COVID 19.
- Only one Grant application per organisation will be considered up to a maximum amount of $20,000.
- The technology requested must be required in order to deliver a service under current COVID 19 restrictions (i.e. social distancing measures, travel restrictions) but does not necessarily have to be utilised after these restrictions have been lifted.
- If the applicant organisation is unable to acquire the technology outlined in the application, then the Grant funding can be spent on similar technology or processes that reflect initial request so long as it supports program or service continuity (MHCT as Grant coordinator will need to be notified of this change and a time limit of six months to spend the funds will apply, receipts and acquittal will still be required).
- The Grant funds must be used for the program or service outlined in the application. If after approval, the applying organisation decides the funding will be better spent on a different program or service, they must seek the approval of MHCT as Grant coordinator and provide new evidence.
- The Grant recipient organisation must provide receipts to demonstrate expenditure of Grant funding up to 90% of the total Grant amount received. Any remaining funds totalling over 10 % of the full Grant amount must be utilised by the applicant for another appropriate purpose (to be approved by the funder).
- Organisations who have already purchased technology to ensure service continuity through the COVID 19 impact period will be eligible to apply for grant funds retrospectively with proof of purchases made from 10 March 2020.
If your organisation does not meet the eligibility for this Grant program, you may be eligible for the Community Services Technology Fund, coordinated by TasCOSS, available here.
Organisations with programs or services funded through the National Disability Insurance Scheme are not eligible to receive Grant funds to support these programs or services. These services are encouraged to contact the NDIS about supports available.